The land of the Mice, a bedtime story

Derek O'Connell doconnel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:57:14 UTC 2007

Squeak == Spoon == Squeak? Then there's SqueakDev, SqueakLight, all
the various "official" releases/versions, etc, etc. No surprise then
that the last time I suggested to someone to take a look at Squeak I
got the response "Which one?". With respect Craig, I appreciate the
thought that you and others put into the more fundamental aspects (as
well as the legal aspects) but I think the "board" should put some
effort into a road-map that explains how various efforts relate and
where things such as Spoon fit in to the overall picture. I have
always assumed Spoon to be your pet project to do things as *you*
prefer and/or for your own purposes. I'm not aware of any group input
into Spoon's design. That's not to say I don't like the idea of a
minimal highly customisable/dynamic image, I do, but others could be
forgiven for wondering if they are looking at coherent pieces of a
jigsaw or fragments remaining from a nasty explosion :-) No offence
intended.