[OT, Q] Architecture for Message Broadcasting

"S.J.Chun" chunsj at embian.com
Wed Jul 4 01:41:28 UTC 2007

 Hi,

Thank you very much for your all answers. As I said in my previous mail,
I cannot assume that I can use multicast/broadcast support because there's
some routers which do not support these features.

It seems that my original idea - though TCP part could be replaced by UDP
for efficiency - might be my last choice. My current idea is that all clients
are connected to the server and between clients and server, single byte data
(kind of ping) is exchanged periodically and if the clients received some
new data is received to the server, then client fetched the data and
display. Any client can post new data to the server through another
transport(maybe TCP for this case?). I think this kind of application will be
helpful for broadcasting messages to the people(like flashmob :-)

Thank you again.