how to become modular

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Fri Jul 6 21:38:01 UTC 2007

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:49:16 -0700, Avi Bryant <avi at dabbledb.com> wrote:

> On 7/6/07, Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com> wrote:
>
>>         Oh, sure. To continue the metaphor, you're a guy with a shovel
>> saying, "Well, what's the best place to dig?" That's asking for help.
>>
>>         But that's an entirely different sort of help from, "Help me
>> dig," which was the sort of help Avi was talking about, I believe.
>
> I think this is missing the point of my metaphor a bit, though, which
> was that regardless of what the guy with the shovel wants, what I need
> in that situation is a cab.  It's hard to pay much attention to the
> subway construction when you're so focused on making the next plane,
> which I think a lot of us are.

Fair 'nuff. I'd only add that there are lots of us standing on the curb,
and the situations are different for all of us. And my point was, I don't
think there'll be any shortage of people willing to help build the subway,
even as we're using the bus or Pavel's shuttle* to get there now.

And with that, I think I've beaten the metaphor to death.

	===Blake===

*By the way, has anyone reported here on using Pavel's stuff? I see lots
of options on his site; I'd be interested to know how it was working out
for people.