how to become modular

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sat Jul 7 00:52:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:42:04 -0700, Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca>
wrote:

Ah, I missed that the reactions were in response to this:

>> I'm still puzzled as to why you feel the need to duplicate the
>> Spoon work (and then use false superlatives to describe the result).
>> What's going on here?

So, never mind.<s> (I can't even find the earlier messages, weirdly
enough.)

Now, I always thought that reduce-from-large effort was meant as a "we can
use this now" approach while the grow-from-nothing effort was meant as an
ideal goal for the future. Since the dependencies have to be worked out
anyway, wouldn't the reduction effort ultimately feed into the
grow-from-nothing fork?

That said, I'm not sure how useful comparisons can be made between
something in production and something in alpha.