Not very visible Squeak-dev set at squeak.org

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sat Jul 7 09:26:08 UTC 2007

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 01:32:06 -0700, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire at ofset.org>
wrote:

> It would be nice if the Squeak-dev images initiative was more visible in
> the Squeak.org. What about adding it in the orange menu Links or even
> better in the Download green menu?
>
> Every time a new programmer to Squeak want to take a try I point it to
> squeak-dev because it comes with the interesting packages/extension
> installed for developer. It will be very helpful when promoting squeak
> if we could have these more visible.

And to think, just yesterday there was a complaint that Squeak-dev (and
SqueakLight) were too visible and caused confusion about what was official.

I like Squeak-dev a lot, too, mind you, and would tend to recommend it
over vanilla for developers I wanted to lure in. It has so many of the
comforts of home (wherever that was before you found Squeak)....