A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Mon Jul 9 10:33:03 UTC 2007

On 09/07/07, Mikael Kindborg <mikael.kindborg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, those are nice changes. I also feel that a font like VeraSans
> greatly improves the user experience. Looks much more
> professional/fun/clear in my opinion. I speculate that people who try
> out Squeak would be more positive to the system with better looking
> default fonts.

Every time I try and use TTF fonts, I find that my code panes can lose
their marbles in interesting ways. Either a Red Rectangle of Death (no
fun), or the insertion point losing its place when typing quickly
(also no fun). This is on an Intel mac and (I think) the latest VM
(I'll check when I'm back home).

So, I tend to stick with bitmapped fonts in my image because I haven't
got the faintest idea where to look to begin fixing the issue.