How to get GLORP

Cédrick Béler cbeler at enit.fr
Tue Jul 10 15:02:57 UTC 2007

Richard Eng a écrit :
> I'm a Squeak newbie. I'm trying to get GLORP. But I'm encountering
> *endless* problems...
>
> First, in Squeak 3.9, I try using SqueakMap Package Loader to install
> GLORP 0.3.138. I encounter the following error:
>
>     Error occurred during install:
>     UndefinedObject>>methodsFor:stamp:
>
> Then I try to get GLORP off the Internet. I find it at map.squeak.org
> <http://map.squeak.org>. But the download is in SAR format!!!

not sure but I think you should add the following http package in
monticello: http://www.squeaksource.com/MagritteGlorp
In this one you'll find a version Ramon Leon was using (with magritte).
You have glorp preload, glorp and glorp postload then glorp test. Before
you should install the postgress client (accessible from the universe
browser).

If you want to use glorb with magritte, see
http://onsmalltalk.com/programming/smalltalk/a-smalltalk-activerecord-using-magritte-seaside-and-glorp/

other wise, seaside with glorp:
http://onsmalltalk.com/programming/smalltalk/mapping-seaside-blog-to-postgresql-with-glorp/

hth,