Asking again

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Tue Jul 10 20:25:12 UTC 2007

Bert Freudenberg a écrit :

>> I don't see the point. Having a more user centric vision does not
>> break the release process, does it?
>
> Well, you implied that everyone except the people interested in
> education should use the dev image because it is "regularly-updated and
> useful-for-developer". That sounds like nobody is interested in the
> official Squeak release. And watching Edgar struggle all alone with 3.10

Absolutely not. At least it is not what I think.
The release process target is to provide us a stable base image, as a
base for more user friendly image as squeak-dev for example. These is
not about competing but completing. And I guess next squeak-dev will
just be again squeak3.10 + more stuff to be user friendly. Again not
competing but completing.

> you may even be right. Hence my question - what's the point of having a
> release nobody wants? Why not make the release be as cool and inviting

I think nobody say that, and it is not my thought.

Hilaire