Asking again

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Tue Jul 10 20:58:11 UTC 2007

Bert Freudenberg a écrit :

> Well, you implied that everyone except the people interested in
> education should use the dev image because it is "regularly-updated and

Not exactly. What my words implied is that the average user (80%) will
want that kind of more friendly image.

> useful-for-developer". That sounds like nobody is interested in the
> official Squeak release. And watching Edgar struggle all alone with 3.10

Indeed, probably only 10% are interested by the official squeak release
and contributing to it. This is why it is important to help the
community to grow, and a more user friendly image can be helpful for
that. It does not mean the official Squeak release is not friendly, but
there are place for improvement and hopefully it is done in squeak-dev,
and obviously we should take advantage of that.

It is only the rule of statistic and it has nothing to do with the
importance or value, for sure the official squeak release image in its
own is more important than any other derivative as squeak-dev, but the
average user will prefer that last one.

Hilaire