how to become modular

Laurence Rozier laurence.rozier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 09:49:42 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> wrote:

> <snip> ...  it seems that where
> I want to go is simply not reachable through any path we're collectively
> willing to take.
>
>      So, it seems I must go there myself (with those few others who can
> take some time away from getting work done, or who can somehow
> rationalize the effort itself as getting work done :). Only then, if the
> result is practical for use by everyone else, should I ask for
> consideration here. I can accept that, although I find it disappointing
> and surprising given my early experiences with the community. But it's
> still not clear to me what the community would consider "practical",
> despite a few attempts some have made to elaborate (I appreciate the
> attempts anyway).

As with the Smalltalk
meme<http://croquet.funkencode.com/2007/04/07/evolution-in-cyberspace-the-smalltalk-meme/>that
spawned it, Spoon's impact won't be based solely on quantity nor on
adoption by the people who would seem to benefit most from it. In fact, not
having been widely adopted has probably been a plus. When Spoon is
everywhere, there will be no Spoon.  Your committment to Spoon is inspiring.

Best,

Laurence