A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments

Robert Stehwien rstehwien at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:21:33 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Gary Chambers <gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> And some not-so-simple ergonomic adjustments ;-)
>
> A piccy of my Squeak desktop along with one of our applications.
>
>  http://www.flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/789894614/
>

> If there's any interest I'll speed up getting it ready for release.

I am a new Squeaker and find those screenshots awesome and compelling.
 Please get them out to the community (and thanks) I like smalltalk
and squeak but the UI makes me feel like I jumped in the way-back
machine (a nice UI might be lipstick on a pig for Windows, but I like
my pig to look good).  If I wanted do contracting work with squeak,
I'd have a hard time selling the UI (luckily I'm mostly in squeak for
my thesis work).  Your screenshots look good enough to sell.

I think I've got a decent handle on the language and development tools
thanks to books and tutorials, but thus far making a GUI I like
escapes me.  The lack of tutorial and builders that matches what I'm
used to in Qt, Mac Interface Builder, or even Visual Studio has been
painful.