Switching to use foo struct on Windows VM

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Jul 15 18:49:35 UTC 2007

MacOSPowerPCOS9VMMaker>>createCodeGenerator
"set up a CCodeGenerator for this VMMaker - Mac OS uses the global
struct and local def of the structure"
	^CCodeGeneratorGlobalStructure new initialize; globalStructDefined:
true

overides

VMMaker>>createCodeGenerator
"set up a CCodeGenerator for this VMMaker"
	^CCodeGenerator new initialize

This override happens for unix, risc, mac, but not for windows which
is the VMMakerWithFileCopying/Win32VMMaker subclass structure.

> Wonder how that would affect the AMD Geode, which is a not-so-
> modern x86 processor, but still quite important for Squeak. Once we
> get a Geode LX we need to seriously measure performance ... what
> magic bit do I need to flip to disable/enable foo fum?
>
> - Bert -

===