Monicello Branches

Wed Jul 18 20:38:04 UTC 2007

Hi!

I am totally baffled by MC branches.  We have a large project
consisting of over 20 packages and now there is a bunch of code that
is checked in, but I cannot load because I'm trying to finalize a
release.

I have a config map of my current code, but I can't just load the
current code.  I can make a change and save, which will make a
"branch" but to me, a branch is a tag across the entire tree, not
just one package.  And the branch is named, not "just load fred-236"
etc.

Can anyone lend me some knowledge please? :)

Steve