Linux install - dumb questions

Alexander Lazarevic' Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Fri Jul 20 12:18:02 UTC 2007

Hi Bill,

I think for installation you can ignore the minor version differences.
If you untared the archives in some tmp directory, I guess you could do
something like

find . -type d -path '*usr/local' -exec cp -vR {} /usr \;

from within that tmp directory to install it into /usr/local

Maybe you also need to correct some permissions to use that installation
as an ordinary user and you have to have /usr/local/bin in your path. As
I recall you should then be able to invoke inisqueak (which installs a
fresh working copy of the squeak image for you) and then do a squeak
{nameoftheimagefile}.image to have squeak running.

Hope this helps a bit,
Alex