methods for license conversion

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:39:44 UTC 2007

I must say, I agree on this.  I have looked for this for quite a while and I still have never seen the advantage of Morphic.  It just appears to me to be inconsistent, incomplete etc.  It looked like a really nice thing for Self, but I don't think you develop exactly the same way in Smalltalk as Self.  I have never been a GUI guy, but it seems to me that a nice, clean designed graphic system like Dolphin has can run circles around Morphic.  If I'm wrong, please feel free to show me where.  I would love to see what Morphic does bring to the table that other GUI frameworks don't.> From: tim at rowledge.org> Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:52:26 -0700> To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> Subject: Re: methods for license conversion> > I'm rather inclined to the idea that "Morphic Must Die!"> > Making a minimal system - either yor way or Craig's way - present an  > opportunity to start from a place with NO constraints arising from a  > previous framework that has to be kept limping along> > I would *love* to see a new, clean, designed UI/graphics system  > implemented that can take advantage of host windows, Cairo, freetype,  > etc. No, I'm *not* offering to design it.> > Come on people, be brave. Let's try to make a Smalltalk 2000 sometime  > before Smalltalk 3000 is due?> > > tim> --> tim Rowledge; tim at rowledge.org; http://www.rowledge.org/tim> Strange OpCodes: YII: Yield to Irresistable Impulse>