GUI Layout Expression Language

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 08:51:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 04:24:23PM -0600, Robert Stehwien wrote:
> Has anyone ever made something like this JRuby library for Morphic,
> Tweak, Toolbuilder, etc?
>
> http://ihate.rubyforge.org/profligacy/lel.html
>
> It seems like SmaCC could create a parser much like the one in
> Profligacy's layout expression engine (created by Ragel).
>
> I'm on a quest for a simple to use form builder for Squeak.  This
> weekend I'll try Toolbuilder by itself, but I caught a post about
> Profligacy and thought I'd ask.

The most recent GUI builder for Morphic is
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/EasyMorphicGUI/

Morphic was originally able to build it's own GUI's, but I guess
that feature was lost in the translation from Self to Squeak:
http://www.smalltalk.org.br/movies/ (video of self, including original Morphic)

Other GUI builders have been made for Squeak, but have since
been abandoned:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/bricks
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/fabrik
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/GuiBuildingTools