Recording a sound while playing annother

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Jul 21 13:36:04 UTC 2007

Hello,

how do I record one sound while playing back another sound?

I've set the preference "can record while playing" and my System can
do that too.

Recording and Playing work, but not together. I'm using 3.8.1.

I do things like:
player := SampledSound new setSamples mySoundArray samplingRate: 48000.
recorder := SoundInputStream new clearRecordedSound. "also tried SoundRecorder"
recorder SamplingRate 48000; stereo: true; startRecording.
"I've added the stereo: message myself so I don't have to worry about
the channel"
player play.   "I hear the sound"
(Delay forSeconds: 1) wait.
recorder stopRecording.