$100 laptop production begins - targeting October 2007

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Mon Jul 23 14:50:29 UTC 2007

Le Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:33:20 +0200, Klaus D. Witzel a écrit:

> BBC has the news @
>
> - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6908946.stm
>
> Interestingly (and no surprise :) "There's still some software to write"

As a high school math teacher and part time programmer I contacted olpc
team to see if there were any interst on interactive geometry. From the
mostly empty feedback I got I can only conlcude there are no interest in
this particular field, although interactive geometry is part of the
constructivist paradigm through micro-world implementation.

Now I see there are interest around writing specific games for OLPC, kind
of behaviourist stuff...
The project claims to be an educative project and not a laptop one, but it
really looks like a geeks driven project without much knowledge about
education, teaching, ICT in education and scientific experimentation in
teaching system.

Hilaire