Morphic!

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 04:49:01 UTC 2007

Morphic! (ans to Jason from previous thread)

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your interest.

Spec means speculation and doing something on spec
means you take the responsibility that it might or
might not be accepted by the publisher. The other way
to do something is on commission where others specify
what you are to do but give a garantee that the work
will be of use to them and you will be compensated.

As for motivation for morphic work, for me it means
the work must be interesting (as defined by my
curiosity) lead to something I think elegant in the
code and the behavior of the morphs and allow me to
learn and grow in my own  understanding of squeak,
morphic and things larger.