[Meta] Standard packages?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jul 26 20:18:33 UTC 2007

Lex Spoon wrote:
> Yes, but we do have a messy political process for keeping anything
> really perverse from happening.  That process can even be changed, and
> surely your recommendations for such changes would have a whole lot of
> weight.

I'm not interested in changing the way squeak.org operates; I'm only
interested in collaborating on particular packages (if there is mutual
interest).

> On the technical side, sharing packages would mean Croquet has to play
> nice as an extension to a standard core and standard set of packages.
> Small deltas from the standard component swould be fine, but big ones
> will be a headache.  It looks like a tough engineering call on your
> part.  Is the work of making Croquet sit on top of standard Squeak,
> low enough that there is a net payoff from automatically inheriting
> fixes to the standard image?

You are completely misinterpreting my intent. I am not planning to put
Croquet "on top of standard Squeak" (what exactly does that mean
anyway?) I have been looking for packages for which collaboration is
feasible, useful, and of mutual benefit.

Cheers,
   - Andreas