Linux install - dumb questions

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jul 27 09:49:59 UTC 2007

El 7/26/07 7:48 PM, "Germán Arduino" <garduino at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi:
>
> I've wroted a brief instructions about installing on Ubuntu, but are in
> Spanish, may be with some automatic translator are understandables.
>
> See:
> http://germanarduino.blogspot.com/2006/10/instalacin-de-squeak-en-ubuntu.html
>
> Cheers.
>
> 26 Jul 2007 21:15:04 +0200, Lex Spoon <lex at lexspoon.org
> <mailto:lex at lexspoon.org> >:
> "Bill Schwab" <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu  <mailto:BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu> > writes:
>> I am not in any rush.  This is all part of a gradual move away from
>> dependence on Windows.  Whether or not I exercise the resulting options
>> is a separate line of thought.  For now, I am simply doing my homework
>> with Linux (typing this into Firefox on Ubuntu) and Smalltalks thereon.
>
> If you are on Ubuntu, then you should use the pre-built Debian packages.
>
>   http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3616  <http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3616>
>
> I have not tried them on Ubuntu, but I would think they would work.
> If the binaries do not, then surely you can rebuild them from source.
>

> -Lex

Very thanks German, very easy.
Now I have a ubuntu ready for test 3.10.
A question still remain.
I have a mini Lan with Mac, Windows XP, Windows 98 and now Ubuntu system.
When I transfer my 3.10beta7135 system to ubuntu, I put the files into the
squeak folder created into home.
When double click, Squeak start but complains about don't locate sources and
give the Mac path of sources, as I first do all in Mac and then transfer the
relevant info to other computers.

I need put SqueakV39.sources into other place ?

Thanks in advance