Message Eating Null - article

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Sat Jul 28 15:38:20 UTC 2007

> Also, all of this experience predates any web work, and was pure
> client-server code and client-server experience.

Also, when you become CEO of a start-up, your perspective changes
dramatically.  As the sole tech person for bountifulbaby.com, with
whatever added functionality has been needed for the company, I have
found myself wanting and needing to get it up and running *right now*,
regardless of what the code looked like.  And this has led me down the
hacker path of ugly code, and not even caring if it was ugly.

I know that view can be dangerous.  I just wanted to point out that
perspectives can change dramatically, depending on your role, as well as
whether or not it is your own money you are playing with.

Nevin