[ANN] WideString findSubstring patch attempt

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Sat Jul 28 20:18:35 UTC 2007

Edgar J. De Cleene a écrit :

> Nicolas:
> Thanks for your work, but #('WideStringTest>>#testSubstrings') still fail in
> 3.10 with your fix

Hi Edgar,
It seems you have been confused by the names...

#testSubstrings was designed for another bug, substrings.
As indicated in comment it is related to
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6367

It seems you have loaded my test but not my patch.
So it leads to a failure in 3.10 7137.

Note that Andreas provided an alternate solution later at
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6573

I tried to open a discussion about respective interest of both
solutions, but Andreas seems too busy.

So, up to you to check and choose one...

Concerning http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6366, i loaded the test
(#testFindSubstring) then the patch in 3.10 7137, and the WideString
tests pass.

Nicolas