[ANN] AIDA/Web app server 5.4 beta released on Squeak

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jun 14 16:23:03 UTC 2007

Cédrick,

Cédrick Béler wrote:
> After a first overview, I'd say that that AIDA philosophy is closer to
> php for instance. At least, it should be easier to get along with when
> coming from traditional web dev framework...

Aida follows web philosophy and spirit as closer as possible. I really
tried to feel that spirit back in 1996 when start designing Aida and
remember, at that time there were not much web frameworks to find
around. There were CGI approaches and GUI emulation ones like VisualWave...

Is PHP following this spirit? Well, let's say more or less. Is Seaside
following it? Definitively not!

> I also saw the benchmark page
> http://www.aidaweb.si/aidaweb-benchmarks.html
> but of course for visualwork right now...

I just forgot one really big plus of Aida: scalability and memory
footprint. You can run a really big in complex app for tens to hundreds
active users from a single image! Done in a reality!

À bientôt
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek