On UUID's and MC file names

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 23:13:09 UTC 2007

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

Sort of more info than I wanted to know.
I just want to look at something and not be mystified
by it. So it seems if I have a sophie id string I
could turn it into a uuid. If can do that then I could
create the association uuid->string put it in a
dictionary and then on looking a the same uuid look it
up.

So if I kept a list of all strings I might want to
look up that would work. Sometimes sort of.

Or I could just get used to being mytified (Nah.
Where's the fun in that?)