[Wanted] Volunteer to help with Announcements List

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Mar 2 17:12:53 UTC 2007

As I'm sure no one will be surprised to learn the Announcements list is
a spam magnet.

The entire work involved with this list is quickly scanning through all
the spam to find the rare valid message, in other words looking for a
needle in a haystack.  I can manage this myself but frankly it's getting
to be annoying to do all of it myself (since I also do the same for one
other list although it doesn't attract more than about a third of the
volume of spam).

I would like to find someone who is willing to receive 20 or 30 extra
mail messages a day which can be easily filtered out and quickly scanned
and is willing to go to a web page twice a week on a regular schedule
and once more scan through a list of messages for the rare valid Squeak
announcement.  I'm particularly interested in someone willing to do this
over the weekend since I am in the habit of staying away from the
computer on Saturday and Sunday.

So if you can manage about 10 minutes of time on Wednesday or Thursday
and Saturday or Sunday of every week, I need your help.  Feel free to
contact me directly for more information.

Ken