[OT] Help with Apple Smalltalk 0.4

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Sat Mar 3 17:46:34 UTC 2007

Dan Ingalls wrote:
>> This isn't strictly Squeak related, but I wanted to play with the Smalltalk-80 implementation that spawned Squeak in the first place.
>>
>> I recently dug through my archives, and found original floppies for the 4 800K floppies that Apple Smalltalk 0.4 ships with.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I do not have Mac that still has a working floppy drive!
>>
>> I'm reluctant to part with the floppies, but if someone would be willing to transfer these floppies to disk images, so I could use them in an emulator, I would be happy to mail you the disks.
>>
>> Or, if someone might have this version of smalltalk lying around and would be willing to share (as I said, i can prove I have the original disks) that would also be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> BTW:  Is this the version of Smalltalk-80 that Squeak central used for bootstrapping the Smalltalk-to-C translator and the Squeak virtual machine?
>>

> Did you end up getting what you needed?  Just found this old message.
>
> 	- Dan

Hi,
by the way, here I have a fully functional Macintosh Plus. It has a 400K
floppy drive and 1 or 4 meg of ram (I'm not sure). Unfortunately this
computer is unused at the moment since I can't find any System floppy
and the 400k drive makes it impossible to move files from and to it.

Is there any chance of finding some version of Apple Smalltalk that run
on it? Can somebody on this list help me in some way?

Thanks in advance,

c.

--
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com