The Weekly Juan #9: "An update on Morphic 3.0"

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Wed Mar 7 20:34:50 UTC 2007

On 7 mars 07, at 02:08, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> Hi Stéphane,
>
> I guess you're right. There must be really a lot of interesting
> code out there. However, one of the things that keeps me busy is
> actually removing stuff from my image, so there's less I need to
> know. I'm currently slightly below 5Mb! And I don't care too much
> for back compatibility.

please do NOT be backwards compatible. Be good, nice, small, elegant
will be enough!

Stef

A friend of mine (a cool one) was making the comparison between mac
and pc.
On mac regularly you get driver, plug (like RS232) that get
obsolete... and on PC you get all the backwards
compatibility layer to carry with you. So may be this is why windows
is often not that stable (my point is not to open
a debate PC vs Mac but to make us all think in terms of the tradeoff.)