Need for universes (was Re: The Weekly Juan #9: "An upd)

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Wed Mar 7 20:37:46 UTC 2007

universes are not a package mechanism. They are useful when a release
is made and they act as an extra tag to identify
set of components working together. We will meet lex soon and see how
we can help so that damien squeak-dev image is based on universes.
However Universes are not a replacement for mc and version, but I
think you know it.

Stef