Squeak Foundation Board 2007 Election Results

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Mar 8 15:12:03 UTC 2007

All,

I wonder if the tenure should be extended.  It would seem to me that 1 year
terms are too short, although that could be the pain of the election talking
:)  Is there a reason for the 1 year term?  Are we worried that people would
not volunteer for the position if the term was say 2 years?

By the way I do not agree with term limitations and I certainly would not
support term limitations of say 1 year (which is what would have been needed
to change this election).

The real solution is for people to express their opinions openly in a
discussion.  I'll say it again, and probably again next year, people should
support their candidates publicly, we should do more to help voters know who
and what they are voting for.  (Although this year with wiki pages, and
questions, it was much better then last year)

Congratulations again to new board.

Ron Teitelbaum