Squeak Foundation Board 2007 Election Results

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at tx.technion.ac.il
Thu Mar 8 21:00:45 UTC 2007

I think this mail, while perfectly reasonable, shows why this should not
be a decision each board can make.

Any board can make life difficult for a particular member, this is a
fact of life, but they should not then get to decide whether to accept a
replacement based on whether they like the next guy or not. This makes
the temptation for abuse too great, and the abuse is that of the voters
will. Therefore such decisions should be made either by a third party
(like elections or squeak-dev) or preferably by following a fixed policy
(such as "quits not replaced, majority quits means new elections").

BTW, I am not suggesting such abuse is occurring now, or occurred last
time.

Daniel