[ANN] DebugReportServer and DebugReportClient

Kazuki Minamitani ka.minami at nifty.com
Fri Mar 9 05:28:31 UTC 2007

Hi Avi,

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:59:00 -0800
"Avi Bryant" <avi at dabbledb.com> wrote:

>> I developped a simple web application named "DebugReportServer".
>> It is specialized for sharing debug logs that generated by DebugReport.
>>
>> You can upload report file(.zip only), browse it, and download it.
>> Please access: http://www.sqsq.jp:9090/seaside/dr
>
>Hey, that's very cool.  I'd never seen DebugReport before: I love that
>the .zip is just static html which mimics the squeak debugger.  In the
>server, I love that the reports themselves all have permalinks

Thank you.

>(atfirst those URLs confused me into thinking you were using an old
>version of Seaside...).

I developped DebugReportServer on Seaside2.6 with japanese patch written
by Masashi Umezawa(*1).

Last week, I read Koji Yokokawa's post at Seaside-ML that is attached
patches for handling UTF-8 correctly in Seaside2.7(*2).

Then I started to port to Seaside2.7 since a few days ago.

I hope Seaside package contains those patches as default.

*1 http://swikis.ddo.jp:9091/SeasideJ/.
*2 http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-February/010881.html

>Have you considered adding a status field to reports, so they could
>(at least) be marked as open/closed?

Honestly, I didn't think it deeply. But it's good idea.

I may support below features.
 -Add some status fields to individual report
 -Add comment field to individual report
 -Filtering by report status
 -Serching by keyword
 -RSS feed