Mac Carbon VM 3.8.15b5 pending

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Mar 11 00:32:23 UTC 2007

I've pushed out a 3.8.15b5 to address an error in the 3.8.15b4 VM
with the new browser plugin interface and firefox.

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

I added three new features. One is SqueakDebug setting in the VM and
browser plugin to enable you to print some
diagnostics messages for the browser interface and module loading,
I'll add more message in the future.

The second is a SqueakQuitOnQuitAppleEvent flag that is used to quit
the VM immediately if we get the quit event, which happens
when a user logs out. Likely this is the wrong choice, still for
people doing vertical apps you need someone to prevent the VM from
cancelling the logout process.  MIT's Scratch will use this feature.

Finally I altered the logic when we look at the edit menu 'Quit do
not save' If the application has used the VM's builtin feature
to modify the mac menus then they might have changed the menu item
from 'Quit do not save' to perform Foobar.

3.8.15b5
			squeakBrowser-info.plist 	add SqueakDebug parm (1) debug msgs, (0)
no debug msgs

			npsqueak.c		streamline context usage a bit, make local var versus
on structure
							add logic to print msgs based on info.plist

			sqMacMain.c		Add SqueakDebug parm (1) debug msgs, (0) no debug msgs
							debug messages for browser interface, and module loading
							Add SqueakQuitOnQuitAppleEvent, true if we should quit
immediately if
							operating system sends us quit msg, as a result of logout.
Normally false.

			sqMacUIAppleEvents.c	If you logout we get a quit apple event msg,
normally we ignore,
							unless SqueakQuitOnQuitAppleEvent is set.

			sqMacUIEventsUniversal.c  If the user picks edit menu, item one,
actually check to see if
							the string is "Quit do not save", if so then quit, otherwise
pass revised menu
							choice to Smalltalk.

			sqMacUnixExternalPrims.c	Look to SqueakDebug for msg printing

			sqMacWindowUniversal.c	Look to SqueakDebug for msg printing, mind
file does not print any msgs yet

===