Elections too short!

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Sun Mar 11 10:37:42 UTC 2007

Michael van der Gulik <squeakml at gulik.co.nz> writes:
> Essentially, the election came and went before I even noticed! I
> received my election email on the 5th of March mentioning that the
> election was closing in two days. I saw this email long after the
> election had closed.
>
> Could we please have a longer voting time next time, preferably of at
> least a week with the times announced further in advance?

I would like that as well.  I missed the election, just like with last
year.

We are a global community of volunteers.  A lot of us have limited and
irregular time to contribute to Squeak.

As a point of comparison, here is Debian's timeline this year for
electing a project leader:

 Nomination period:  Feb 4th - Feb 25th   (3 weeks)
 Campaigning period: Feb 25th - Mar 18th  (3 weeks)
   Voting period:    Mar 18th - Apr  8th  (3 weeks)

Incidentally, I received no email at all.  I guess I must be
registered incorrectly somewhere.

Lex