Seaside on Wikipedia

Aaron Reichow revaaron at bitquabit.com
Sun Mar 11 16:55:52 UTC 2007

Philippe,

> Wikipedia is (supposed to be) an encyclopedia, not a marketing tool.

Perhaps my enthusiasm for Squeak is misplaced, but my use of the word
"encyclopedic" was supposed to denote that.  The article there
already is more marketing than useful information, as pointed out by
Lukas, or whoever did the second part of that tag on the article.

Excuse me if my assumption was incorrect- I had thought Squeakers,
but especially Seasiders, would like to see Wikipedia host a useful,
informational, and relevant page on Seaside that explains what it is,
what it does, how it does it, features comparisons with other similar
systems, etc. Such an article benefits us and does all the
"evangelizing" we need.  I apologize if you, Lukas and/or others
think I was advocating for a piece of fluff full of word tricks to
deceive people into thinking that Seaside is more worthwhile and
interesting than it is.  I simply thought that the Squeak and Seaside
communities would benefit from a decent, re-written Seaside article.

Regards,
Aaron