Alternative directory/file classes?

Masashi UMEZAWA masashi.umezawa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 02:38:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

> 1) Is anyone using FileMan in production environments? How does it hold
> up in practice?

I originally developed FileMan for daily uses. Now I uses it in my
both personal and commercial projects. It is very stable since it just
wraps existing libraries.

> 2) I presume FileMan still requires FileDirectory and friends in all
> their splendid uglyness. Has anyone looked at making FileMan the only
> interface to access directories?

FileMan was a very small scoped project. I just wanted to hide
uglyness of FileDirectory. In that point, it fulfills the role. But
since FileMan seems to get some popularity these days, I think it
needs more drastic overhaul (toward FileMan2).

> 3) Are there any other directory/file interfaces I should be looking at
> in my quest for a bit more cleanliness in these areas?

Rio seems to be very promising. Probably we can put our efforts together.

Cheers,
--
[:masashi | ^umezawa]