Possible problem with FFI in 3.9-7067 ?

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 00:56:01 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have been trying to use FFI (the latest on SqueakMap) in 3.9-7067, on Windows
2000, to get a device context, and do stuff with it. It doesn't seem to work
like it used to.

Some investigation reveals that everything worked ok up to 7052. For example,

In 7032 - "Win32Window getFocus getDC getHandle" answers an integer

In 7067 - "Win32Window getFocus getDC getHandle" answers a ByteArray()

Inspecting the Win32Window>>#apiGetDC: compiledMethod in 7032 and 7067 reveals
this difference...
    In 7032, literal4 = #Win32Window
    In 7067, literal4 = #Win32Window->Win32Window

recompiling the method in both images makes no difference.

Also, in 7032 - "Win32Window win32Draw" works correctly,
But in 7067 - "Win32Window win32Draw" crashes the VM (both the old, and the new
VM)

Have I installed the wrong FFI packages for 3.9?
Or is there a problem in FFI?
Or maybe there is a problem in the Compiler?

Cheers,
Andy