Alternative directory/file classes?

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Sun Mar 18 11:04:38 UTC 2007

Howard Stearns <hstearns at wisc.edu> writes:
> Back when I believed in files (!), I thought the ANSI Common Lisp spec on
> pathnames was as powerful as it needed to be, and no more.

Thanks for the pointer, btw.  I happen to have been looking for good
file and filename specs over the last few months, with a mind to
figuring out what good wrappers would look like for the Java file
classes.  Eclipse Lisp is also interesting in this regard, of course;
I presume it uses only the JVM's file primitives, and no native
library to get more?

Lex