Contribution licensing

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 19 17:36:57 UTC 2007

> Should we not have a class License and method licenseMIT ?
> I think we have been sloppy with distributing the license with Squeak in
> the past. I can't recall any download wich include the Squeak License or
> any other for that sake.

Reviewing the Squeak license, it appears that it includes no requirement
to actually include the license in the software, so not including it
wasn't a license violation (although "sloppy" may still apply). This is
different with the MIT license: it explicitly requires inclusion with
the software. Given that the MIT license is a template, so each
contributor will provide her own version of it, this gives a long list
of licenses to include.

Regards,
Martin