OSProcess: making sure that a child process always dies

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:53:54 UTC 2007

On 19/03/07, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> The expression "OSProcess accessor forwardSigUsr1" answers a semaphore
> the should be signaled each time the VM receives a SIGUSR1 from the
> operating system. If you create the semaphore once, then wait on
> in it a loop, I think it will do what you want.

Yes, I put the semaphore in a temporary variable then use it inside
the loop, and it works.

But why does the method answer nil after it was used once?
If the semaphore is a singleton, shouldn't forwardSigUsr1 always
return the same object?

--
Damien Pollet
type less, do more [ | ] http://typo.cdlm.fasmz.org