[ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 93

Matthias Berth matthias.berth at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:36:40 UTC 2007

Damien,

I've loaded everything that's in the Web developent section of the Universe:
Magritte, Pier, Pier Blog, Seaside.

When you want to create a new Pier wiki instance, you have to execute

  PRPierFrame initialize.

Maybe another hint in the welcome message? Or a comment vsible inside
the Universe browser?

Another problem: Pier Blog needs RsRSS in order to produce the RSS feeds:

  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/2007-March/002613.html

Without RsRSS, you get an error:

  MessageNotUnderstood: WARenderedHtmlRoot>>rss

So RsRSS should probably be added to the universe?
  http://www.squeaksource.com/rsrss

I use RSRSS-pmm.26.

And one more: after I created my first blog posts, Pier Blog was
complaining about
not finding tags for an entry:

  MessageNotUnderstood: PBPost>>tags

after some searching I found that there was a change in Pier that
introduced tags for all structures. So I upgrade to versions around
March 10, 2007, that say "- added tags to structures" in the comments:

Magritte-Model-lr.249
Magritte-Seaside-lr.217

Pier-Seaside-lr.143
Pier-Model-lr.130
Pier-Blog-lr.49

First I tried updating Pier only, or going to some intermediate
versions of Magritte, but I had a problem with #asDynamicObject not
being defined when I did not do all these updates. I have avoided some
of the very recent updates that said "for very latest Seaside and
HTML5".

I have tested the basics: adding a blog, adding blog posts and
comments. Works for me. :-)

Cheers

Matthias

PS: Do you know how I can get a list of the currently installed
packages (like RSRSS-pmm.26)?