Contribution licensing

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Mar 21 11:14:54 UTC 2007

> A couple of comments about the agreement in case you send out more in
> the future:
> 1. It is not very explicit about what contributions I agree to license
> under the MIT license.

As a layman, my understanding is that you aren't licensing anything
under the MIT license. Instead, under the agreement in

http://netjam.org/squeak/SqueakDistributionAgreement.pdf

you are giving a license to Distributor (VPRI) to relicense your
contribution under (*) the MIT license. The MIT license grants rights
explicitly to "any person"; the agreement grants rights only to
Distributor.

Regards,
Martin