os-x dashboard widgets and Squeak.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Mar 21 11:30:04 UTC 2007

On Mar 21, 2007, at 12:04 AM, Scott Wallace wrote:

> PS:  Incorporating Sophie's ability to contend with graphical
> clipboard contents would be a logical next step.

Well what was missing was the ability to deal with TIFF images since
most things take their JPEGS/PNGS etc and make into TIFF
images to place on the os-x clipboard, but with the quicktime
converter why stuff like that just happens.

Thus likely in the next Sophie build, or via loading the right MC
package in about 24 hours after some windows/macintel testing
yes you can copy/paste from iPhoto into Sophie.

Note there is a TIFF plugin I wrote a number of years ago, but there
has been a lack of interest, likely it *should* become a standard plugin
so that one can deal with TIFF without resorting to QuickTime.
===