Possible problem with FFI in 3.9-7067 ?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 22 22:32:54 UTC 2007

Andrew Tween wrote:
>> Thanks for finding this. I'm still at a loss why this happens (perhaps
>> Monticello gets something wrong in its initialization?) but I have added
>> those two lines to the SqueakMap installer script. This should prevent
>> crashes like you were seeing.
>
> In case I didn't make it clear in my original post, you will probably also need
> to include the modified ExternalType class>>#initializeStructureTypes method.
> The two lines, on their own, didn't fix it.

Actually, it turned out that this fix was not entirely correct, but it
pointed to the problem. It seems as if the initialization of external
structures is indeed broken but in a subtly different way - and that
calling #compileFields on all the external structures does the right
thing once the load is complete. I have updated the installer in the
mean time to include that fix, if you could give it a try and let me
know if you find any other issues with it I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
   - Andreas