Beginning with TraitsOmniBrowser...

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 07:31:19 UTC 2007

Hi Elod,

2007/3/21, Elod Kironsky <kironsky at grisoft.cz>:
> I just downloaded and started Damien's squeak-dev-93. Gratz for that
> Damien, great work! Currently I'm working on a client API for SmallDEVS
> and we decided to give Traits a tryout. For that I need
> TraitsOmniBrowser.

No, you don't need TraitsOmniBrowser to use traits. The classical
OmniBrowser-Standard already handles traits. What TraitsOmniBrowser
brings is another view on classes. With it, you will be able to easily
browse the traits a class uses.

>I dowloaded that from www.squeaksource.com and loaded
> into the image. Everything went fine until now, but when I try to execute
>
> OBTraitStructureBrowser open.
>
> I get an MessageNotUnderstood in OBTraitStructureBrowser class >>
> addTo:class:comment:metaclass:. It seems that the classes
> OBCategoryActor and OBClassActor are not present in the system. My
> question is, where can I find these classes?

In fact, TraitsOmniBrowser depends on an old version of OmniBrowser
and TraitsOmniBrowser is not maintained anymore.

You have two solutions:

- use the version 83 of the squeak-dev image which contains the old
version of OB.  Then use SqueakSource to load the TraitsOB (do NOT use
the prepared packages which are brocken for TraitsOB).

- don't use TraitsOB: this is what I'm doing. Some features are
missing but it works.

--
Damien Cassou