Contribution licensing

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Mar 23 19:47:44 UTC 2007

Hi Daniel--

> Is there any code that has been included in the current Squeak
> releases (or otherwise contributed) after the effective dates of their
> contributors?

     Almost certainly, since we have yet to receive agreements from all
contributors. However, that's irrelevant: we're creating the basis upon
which code is eligible for releases 3.10-final and later.

> Is this the opening shot of a(nother) squeak-dev "what will we do with
> future licenses" debate on the topic, or will the board decide this
> issue?

     The board will decide this issue; currently I believe we are in
unanimous agreement that it should operate as I described.

> Actually, I think the position you advocate has been consensus for
> quite a while, but maybe I'm wrong.

     I think that's right.

> > ...I hope I've given a thorough and clear explanation all the same.
> > (Please accept my apologies if it was *too* thorough :).
>
> Your answer was clear, and quite informative. Curious that you
> should choose a style of communication which induces you to apologize
> in advance :)

     (:

     Well, I think it's more an aspect of the topic, from past
experience. Some people just get tired of it, or don't like more than a
certain level of detail. Since I'm trying to go into exhaustive detail,
it seems like the probability of annoying those people is high. :)

     thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta