Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Tue Mar 27 19:39:09 UTC 2007

I tried plopp in my old mandrake PC.

What to do with a deb file ? Well:
#ar z plopp*.deb
does extract the contents
then i can inspect and manually copy the contents of the data.tar.gz to
/usr through mc.

Unfortunately, plopp command will complain:
/usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Linux386/Plopp: /lib/i686/libc.so.6:
version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by
/usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Linux386/Plopp)

# rpm -qa | grep glibc
glibc-2.3.2-14mdk

I do not much feel like playing the upgrading game...

Gasp, my machine is too old to plopp? Though i can squeak without problem...
Or can i hack something in the executable, and pray that GLIBC_2.3 will do?