Fastest way to mock up web UI?

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Wed Mar 28 17:25:38 UTC 2007

Workflow can be accomplished by subclassing WATask instead of WAComponent.
Tasks are components with no UI, that mediate child components.  They are
one of the most unique things about seaside and use continuations to allow
you to model the entire workflow as a single clear method.

>   Second, Magritte is effectively an extension to Seaside, no?
> Therefore, any decision about Magritte would imply to go with
> Seaside too (incl. the good and the bad of it).
> Thanks for any insight you can provide.
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

No, Magritte is a meta model on top of classes.  It's a stand alone package
that can be used from Seaside, Morphic, or just plain Smalltalk.  The
package for Magritte enabled Seaside views is separate.

In practice, Magritte is mostly used in Seaside, but the model is useful by
itself.  For example, I've used Magritte's meta model to generate Glorp
descriptions dynamically.  It contains everything I need, types, required
fields, relationships to other classes, etc.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com