Monticello and branching

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu May 3 01:00:45 UTC 2007

Filename hell with Monticello occurs when one developer copies a
repository to another computer, creates two separate branches of
functionality on both computers (the original and the copy).
Monticello chooses the same filenames for the very different invidual
packages, causing merging to be virtually impossible or, at least,
very painful.

If Monticello would include the UUID in the filename, that might solve it..