How does the quick scroll work in OmniBrowser's columns?

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Thu May 3 12:49:00 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 10:51 pm, Damien Pollet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In OB you can hit a key with the mouse over a column and the selection
> will go to the 1st item whose name starts with the letter you typed.
> Quickly typing a few letters will jump to the 1st item with that
> prefix.
I find it easier to pick items from a pop-up menu or list when the cursor
iterates over items that starts with the key pressed (like in file managers),
rather than treat the key as starting a filter. Perhaps, being a typist, I
tend to put both hands on the home row when typing out words in full. Single
key press is like clicking a button, so I dont take my hand away from the
mouse. Prefix-based completion is nice when I am typing out in a text field
(e.g. Location in browsers, Spotlight on Mac OSX or Run Command on Linux). I
found Squeak filtering in menus and file lists a bit disconcerting.

I wonder if others have a different experience,
Subbu